Come Train in the SUN!
March 21 – March 26, 2018
Oro Valley Municipal Pool – outdoor pool with over 20 lap lanes for 25 yard distance and with options for 50M lanes on certain days/times.
– Mt Lemmon – 27 mile climb with almost 7000′ elevation gain
– East Saguaro National Park – one of the prettiest desert rides with some kicker hills!
– Gates Pass – 3 mile climb w/1500′ elevation gain plus the rocket ride McCain Loop. Depending on which direction you go, up to 13% grade. Great open roads to get aero and rollers through Saguaro National Park.
Tucson has a plehtora of amazing pedestrian paths, tracks, and trails to choose from. Perfect for long runs or short speed sessions.
Sample Itinerary (To be finalized closer to camp date):
– Arrive Tucson early afternoon.
– Transportation to ACHIEVE Team House provided or you can rent your own vehicle.
– Unpack bikes/quick ride
– Group family style dinner & review of training camp itinerary
– Bike – East Saguaro National Park (25-50 mi)
– Outdoor pool swim
– Group dinner & Nutrition Seminar
– Mt Lemmon ride (60 mi) + brick run
– Group rollout/stretch/yoga
– Group dinner & transition clinic seminar
– Tri Practice Day – ACHIEVE Olympic Tri – Outdoor pool swim (0.9 mi) + Bike 25 mi + 10K )
– Group dinner & mental edge seminar
– Gates Pass/Picture Rocks ride (60-100 mi)
– Group dinner & Q & A
– Short Run on Pedestrian Path
We will be staying at a VRBO house in Tucson. It’s centrally located so we can hit all the hotspots for swimming, biking, and running. All meals provided. We have a full kitchen, laundry, wifi, and pool.
The fee for the camp is $650 per person for ACHIEVE team members, $800 for non-members. This includes all of the group training & activity, sag support, meals, seminars, pool fees, and entrance to East Saguaro National Park. Campers are responsible for airfare & will split the cost of the ACHIEVE Team House.
Limited to 10 people. Reserve your spot now!